Affirmative Action Register
- Scope: Professional, managerial, and administrative positions in
- Updated: Not stated
- Sponsor: Affirmative Action Register
ACRL - Greater Metropolitan
NY Chapter Jobs
- Scope: "Library events and jobs for the NY
metropolitan area and beyond." This site is cross-listed under both "all
libraries" and "Atlantic states."
- Updated: Whenever new jobs are available.
- Sponsor: Association of College and Research Libraries, Greater Metro.
- Scope: All postings from each month's American Libraries
and College & Research Libraries News, as well as position
announcements that appear online only. Jobs are searchable by
keyword and state/province. Both job seekers and employers may create
accounts within JobLIST.
- Updated: Daily
- Sponsors: American Library Association, Association
of College and Research Libraries, and ALA's Office for Human Resources
Development and Recruitment
Clarion University of
Pennsylvania: Library Science Position Listings
- Scope: Positions received by Dept of Library Science, Clarion U of PA;
arranged by library type, job type, and geographic area
- Updated: Whenever new jobs are available; positions remain for four
- Sponsor: Department of Library Science, Clarion University of
- Instructions: Jobs are listed in reverse chronological order (newest
Dominican University GSLIS Jobline
- Scope: Positions received by Graduate School of Library and Information
Science, Dominican University; arranged by library type, job type, and geographic area
- Updated: Weekly
- Sponsor: Dominican University GSLIS, River Forest, IL
- Instructions: Restricted to current students or
alums with password.
Heller & Associates
- Scope: All regions, all positions, both permanent and temporary
placement (most seem to be at corporate libraries)
- Updated: Whenever new jobs are available
- Sponsor: Heller & Associates (New York and Chicago), a placement
firm for librarians and information specialists worldwide. Heller & Associates
is a longtime member of SLA and has been in the field of library staffing for over 25
Indiana University SLIS Job
- Scope: All job openings that the library school receives.
- Updated: Several times/month. There is plenty
of career advice here; the individual job ads are separated by state at
the very bottom of the page (drop-down menu).
- Sponsor: Indiana University School of Library and Information Science.
- Scope: Positions at libraries that are listed with
InfoCurrent, a recruitment firm that places library personnel at all
levels in permanent and temporary jobs nationwide. Offices in
Boston, Chicago, NYC and Washington, DC. Most positions are in the
special library arena, but others are in academia, medical libraries,
governmental libraries, non-profits, etc.
- Updated: Only open positions are listed.
- Sponsor: InfoCurrent
- Instructions: To search for jobs, choose Employment
Jinfo: Jobs in Information
- Scope: "Information-related job vacancies around
the world" though most are located in the UK.
- Updated: Whenever new jobs are added.
- Sponsor: Jinfo, formerly FreePint
- Instructions: Includes a signup form
for a free newsletter containing the ads from the past two weeks, as well
as career advice.
John Keister & Associates
- Scope: Executive search firm for public, academic, research, and
- Updated: As searches progress
- Sponsor: John Keister & Associates, Vernon Hills,
Mailing List Archive
- Scope: Library jobs worldwide
- Updated: Whenever new ads are submitted. This site also provides
directions for how to subscribe directly to LIBJOBS.
- Sponsor: IFLA
LITA: Jobs in Library and Information
- Scope: Library job openings that are targeted to information
- Updated: Whenever jobs are posted
- Sponsor: LITA, the Library and Information Technology Association;
a division of
the American Library Association.
- Scope: Library jobs around the world which are submitted for posting to
- Updated: Whenever new postings are submitted. Jobs are browsable
by position title, posting date, geographic location, and employer. Job
seekers may use the agent function to have ads matching their profile
emailed to them.
- Sponsor: WebClarity Software, Inc.
Library Associates Companies
- Scope: Current jobs available through Library
Associates, a library staffing and recruitment firm established in 1986.
Their focus is national in scope, with offices in California, Denver, and
Washington, DC. Government positions are a specialty. Library
Associates welcomes resumes from new and experienced library personnel.
(Cross listed under All Libraries, Special Libraries, Federal Libraries, Pacific, Western,
and Atlantic States; many new positions will also appear on the
Combined Job Postings page.)
- Updated: Whenever new positions are available. Jobs
remain listed until filled.
- Sponsor: Library Associates Companies
Hartzell-Mika Consulting, LLC
- Scope: Library positions, predominantly in management
- Updated: Whenever new postings are submitted.
- Sponsor: Hartzell-Mika Consulting, an "executive
search firm focused solely on securing highly-qualified candidates for
academic, public, and special library administrative and management
positions." Most are in Michigan.
Journal Job Postings
- Scope: Library and related positions from the classifieds of Library
Journal, School Library Journal, and Publishers Weekly
- Updated: Biweekly
- Sponsor: Reed Business Information
- Scope: All regions, all types of libraries.
- Updated: Weekly, on Fridays.
- Sponsor: REFORMA, The National Association to Promote Library Services
to the Spanish-Speaking
SEAALL Job Postings
- Scope: Position announcements from all types of libraries.
- Updated: Several positions are posted to this mailing
list each week; most are law- or business-related.
- Sponsor: Southeastern Association of Law Libraries (of the American
Association of Law Libraries)
SLA Career Services Online
- Scope: Special library positions across the US
- Updated: Whenever new positions are available.
- Sponsor: Special Libraries Association
- Instructions: Choose "search for a job" on the left-hand
side. This site is now available to all librarians, not SLA members only.
TFPL: The Information People
- Scope: Knowledge
management, information management, library, records management, web
content management and information provider roles. "We
help clients identify the best candidates for permanent, interim,
contract or temporary positions – and assist candidates to identify
their next career opportunities.
- Updated: Daily
- Sponsor: TFPL (New York and London), a placement firm for information
and knowledge management professionals
- Instructions: Contact TFPL directly for more
information on the jobs posted here. Choose the appropriate links for
University of Michigan SI
- Scope: All types of libraries (US), slight emphasis on the Midwest
- Updated: Whenever new postings are received.
- Sponsor: School of Information, University of
Michigan, Ann Arbor. Limited to current
students and alumni only; login required.
University of South Carolina
SLIS: Job Postings
- Scope: Library positions received by this library
school, all across the USA. This link leads to the mailing list
archives, which are browsable.
- Updated: Whenever jobs are posted
- Sponsor: University of South Carolina School of Library and
Information Science, Office of Placement
University of Western Ontario FIMS Jobs
- Scope: Open library positions in Canada and the US.
This site also serves as a meta-index to other library job sites.
- Sponsor: University of Western Ontario Faculty of Information &
- Instructions: Use the links on the left-hand (black)
menu to see individual job ads, which are separated by type of job (LIS,
journalism) and location (Canada and elsewhere).
Web4Lib Discussion List
- Scope: Position postings on Web4Lib, a discussion group for use of the
World Wide Web in libraries.
- Updated: Whenever new postings are made
- Sponsor: WebJunction
- Instructions: The above link will take you to the Web4Lib archive. Try
doing a search on the words "position or job."